10 tips to Support a Healthy Thyroid
- Eliminate gluten from your diet! One in three patient’s with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis are sensitive to gluten.
- Selenium is essential to a healthy thyroid and the first thing I recommend for those with autoimmune thyroiditis or Hashimoto’s. You can get 200mcg of selenium by eating 2-3 organic brazil nuts daily!
- Wild caught fish, like salmon, supply ample omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for optimal thyroid function. If you don’t eat fish frequently, you can supplement with a high-quality Omega3 supplement, like Complete Life Nutrition 2-3 caps daily.
- Get plenty of sunlight to optimize your vitamin D levels and take 2000- 5000IU daily of Vitamin D3, like Complete Life Nutrition D5000.
- Herbs that support thyroid function include ashwaganda, eleuthero, and other adrenal adaptogens. One of my favorite formulas is Adrenal Balance by Complete Life Nutrition.
- Dandelion greens, carrots, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, collard greens, and sweet potatoes are all rich sources of essential Vitamin A. I feel that goitrogens in moderation or sauteed, cooked or steamed are not a problem. The only caution is those who are using raw greens in large quantities for smoothies or juices, which can be a problem. There are so many benefits to these foods that, even in the case of hypothyroid, I would not recommend avoiding them entirely.
- Use organic coconut oil in your cooking — it’s great for high heat cooking and sautéing many different meats and vegetables.
- Filter your drinking water from chlorine and other harmful chemicals which suppress the thyroid and block iodine.
- Find daily ways to detox, like using a sauna, taking epsom salt baths, adding chlorella, parsley, or cilantro to your daily smoothie to help your body detoxify from chemical exposures (petrochemicals, PCBs, pesticides, and mercury).
- Work on lowering stress levels through daily prayer, deep breathing!
Download the 16 Signs Of Low Thyroid And 10 Tips That Help! E-Book please visit https://drjspages.com/thyroid-ebook-landing-page/